Thursday, June 19, 2008

Style: Take Two

At the beginning of this course, I thought style was simply the voice that the writer has. While this, I think, is still true style is much more. Style is not only the voice in which a writer has but the way in which it is written. A piece of writing can take on many shapes. As we emerge ourselves in our assignments we learned some history about early writing technologies and uses of style. We were introduced to a new form of style "comics". Comics have their own personal style in which words and images are used to convey a story or message. Scott McCloud demonstrated this in his book Understanding Comics: The Invisible Art. Thanks to the web page design assignments we saw that style can be in a form on the Internet.

Incorporating all these ideas and forms of writing, style is not how well I can draw or create a web page. It was not about how creative I could get by creating my own writing technology. It's about how I could successfully convey my ideas and thoughts in a well though out out organized manner.

No comments: